Looking for recipes? Cooking classes? Other tips about how to eat local and healthy? We’re here to help!
- Maine SNAP-Ed: Helps you cook, shop, and eat on a budget! Offers recipes, cooking classes, and more.
- UMaine Cooperative Extension: This program offers lessons and advice on canning and preserving foods to last longer than they would if they were fresh
- Good Shepherd Food Bank’s Cooking Matters: The Good Shepherd Food Bank offers several programs centered around ending hunger in Maine. This cooking class program is 4-6 weeks long and is free.
- Journey to Health Cooking Classes: Cooking 101 classes offered by Journey to Health teach you the basics of working in the kitchen and preparing food on your own. Each class is $10.
- Good and Cheap: Eat Well on $4 /Day: Learn how to cook and eat well on only $4 a day! The book is online for free here: Online Version
- Cooperative Extension Video Series: Learn 5 ways to limit food costs
- Cooperative Extension”Eat Well” Program offers newsletters with information and tips about buying and preparing food on a budget. Newsletters are free online
- See when different fruits and vegetables are in season: Click here!